As you are no doubt aware, Governor Kate Brown is continuing the issued safety guidelines for all public buildings in Oregon. We are enforcing these required measures. They are as follows:
- No-one above the age of three (3) will be allowed in the building without a mask or face shield. No Exceptions. Those claiming a medical issue as a reason for not wearing a mask will not be allowed entrance. If used, face shields must cover the eyes and wrap around to the side of the face. In addition, the shield must extend below the chin to meet the standards of the CDC & the ADA.
- Everyone entering the building will use hand sanitizer and report to the Monitor’s Desk to sign in and have their temperature taken. Everyone is required to sign in and out of the studio. On recommendation of the CDC, anyone with a temperature above 100.3 will not be allowed in the studio.
- During class time, there will be no open studio. Open studio times will be posted on the door and copies made available at the front desk and on line.
- Anyone outside the studio and within 12 feet of the building will wear a mask.
- During Open Studio the number of patrons inside the building is strictly limited to 15 people: 6 on wheels, 6 on hand building, and 3 in the glaze area. Staff and monitors are excluded from this number.
- Cross-ventilation is required whenever any patrons are in the building.
We are very aware of the impact these rules will have on our patrons as they seem quite strict; however, we are in the midst of the most serious pandemic of this, or any generation, in the past 100 years. This virus is spreading at an alarming rate and we must stop it by the means we have at hand. There is no silver bullet for the moment and a vaccine seems a long way off before it can be widely distributed. Your understanding is greatly appreciated.
The WAC Board of Directors and Staff