Memorial & Honorary Gifts
If you have a family member or friend whose life has been touched by Willamette Art Center, we hope you’ll consider making a gift to WAC in honor of that person. Providing a gift establishes a living tribute that allows you to:
- Honor a loved one or yourself
- Support WAC’s continuing efforts
- Receive personal financial benefits from your contribution
Any charitable gift you arrange can be made in honor of someone. Consider these two basic methods of establishing an honorary gift:
- A Gift Today — An outright gift can help fund Willamette Art Center’s immediate needs or an upcoming project. The financial benefits include an income tax deduction and possible elimination of capital gains tax.
- A Gift Through Your Will or Living Trust — You can include a bequest in your will or living trust stating that a specific asset, certain dollar amount, or — more commonly — a percentage of your estate will pass to Willamette Art Center at your death in honor of your loved one.